Used Refurbished IBM 8205-E6B Power 740 Express Server POWER7 p740
Essential Technologies is your essential source for recertified, used, and refurbished IBM 8205-E6B Power 740 Express Server hardware. Whether it's a complete system, upgrades, parts, or components you can count on Essential Technologies to provide quality equipment that meets your IT objectives - and exceeds your expectations - every time.
All products are 100% IBM original, tested, and eligible for IBM on-site maintenance (or a 3rd-party support contract). Whether you have a specific system in mind, or if you need alternatives, we have the solution that's right for you.
We will also buy back your new or pre-owned IT equipment.
Refurbished IBM 8205-E6B Power 740 Express Server
- The Power 740 is a 4U POWER7 server with two processor sockets, offering 64-bit 4-core to 16-core configurations (3.3GHz, 3.7GHz, or 3.55GHz)
- Supports up to 32x DDR3 Memory DIMMs (8x standard, 24x additional with optional riser cards) with a maximum system memory of 256GB
- Optional Active Memory Expansion can allow the effective maximum memory capacity to be much larger than the true physical memory (effective expansion up to 512GB)
- Four or eight PCIe x8 expansion slots
- Two GX++ slots for 12X I/O loop or 4X connections
- Integrated SAS/SATA controller for disk/SSD/DVD in system unit
- Choice of Quad-port RJ45 1 Gb HEA (Copper), Dual-port SFP+ 10 Gb HEA (Fiber SR), or Dual-port SFP+ 10 Gb HEA (Copper TwinAx)
- Three USB ports, two system ports, two HMC ports, and two SPCN ports
- 6x 2.5" HDD/SSD, or 8x 2.5" HDD/SSD backplanes available
- Dual 1725W A/C hot-swap power supplies
- Support for LPAR and PowerVM virtual partitioning
- Support for AIX, IBM i, and Linux Operating Systems
- Our refurbished IBM 8205-E6B Power 740 systems are tested, configured, and guaranteed for IBM maintenance